SNOW SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW

My opinion is on our weather pattern over the past few days and the fun we have had while it has snowed.

We have experienced snow in some parts of our country that havent seen snow for more than 50 years, eg. Wellington and Auckland Cities.

In Christchurch it has disrupted traffic by the roads having to be closed and some schools had to close also.  I only wish that it was the same for my school then we could have stayed home and made snowmen and had lots of snow fights.  It seemed really weird to see snow on a beach and someone was skiing on the beach while taking their dog for a walk.  While this may sound fun there can be some sad times because it is lambing season and lots of lambs may die due to the cold.  Older people need to be looked after too incase they get hypothermia.

My opinion is GIVE US MORE SNOW PLEASE MR WEATHERMAN!!! I LOVE PLAYING IN THE SNOW!!!

3 thoughts on “SNOW SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW

1. Angus:

I feel your intrigue.

The built environment really doesn’t know how to deal with snow, does it?

Thank you for bringing up lambing season and the sad times when a lamb may die. I feel a lot of empathy. (The live export trade is a big issue at the moment). Hopefully the farmers and the lambs are regulating their temperatures. Thinking of the natural and mechanical ways that they can do this.

Good point about hypothermia. It is important to consider our senior citizens, so that we do not lose them to extreme weather of any condition: whether heat or cold.

(Hug your grandmother or grandfather on this snowy day).

I saw snow on a New Zealand beach too.

2. Angus
    I read in the paper that with global warming we can expect both very hot and very cold weather. We got one of those very cold weather patterns. I agree the snow was such fun and yes even I would have loved a snow day. As you point out, while we enjoyed it it does have serious effects on lambing and old people.
    Miss T

3. I have only ever been to see snow on a mountain once and that was when I was a younger child at the age of aorund 5, It was qute fun though and I went down the big snow hills on a board. (: